DAY 1 : FLORENCE APT – MONTECATINI TERME
- “Benvenuti in Italy!!!” . Arrive at the airport in Florence and your Tour Escort will be waiting to help you with your transfer. Board the motorcoach and drive to your hotel in Montecatini Terme for check in at the hotel for 5 nights. Dinner and overnight.
DAY 2 : LUCCA – PISA
- We will take a short ride to Lucca , home of the great composer Giacomo Puccini, and one of the wealthiest towns in Tuscany. We will enjoy a nice tour and then have some leisure time in this graceful city. Lucca is remarkably relaxing and quiet due to a high number of residents who ride bicycles instead of driving cars.. so if you want let’s go rent i bike and take a ride on the medieval walls of the city!!!!!.
In the afternoon quick stop in Pisa for some pictures of the leaning tower and the beautiful Piazza dei Miracoli and then return to our hotel for dinner and overnight.
DAY 3 : FLORENCE
- After breakfast there will be a morning tour of Florence. We will stroll around and see : The Cathedral Santa Maria del Fiore , Giotto’s bell tower , the marvellous Baptistery of St Jhon and the museum Accademia to view Michelangelo’s David and other amazing art works. The afternoon will be at leisure to explore , shop in the beautiful jewlery stores or leather stores, have a glass od wine. Return to our hotel for dinner and overnight.
DAY 4 : VENICE
- After an early breakfast today we will go to Venice. Here we will take a nice walking tour that will begin in Piazza S Marco then we go into the Doge’s palace , cross the bridge of sights and visit one of the oldest Murano glass factory to enjoy a demonstration of glass blowing art from a Master. Free time for lunch and for some personal shopping or exploration or a gondola ride. Returno to the hotel for dinner and overnight.
DAY 5 : SIENA AND SAN GIMIGNANO
- After breakfast we depart for Siena. We will drive through the heart of Italian wine country over the rolling hills of Chianti. Once in Siena we will have a short tour of the town including the Duomo and Piazza del Campo,through the narrow streets,past medieval towers and walls. Lunch will be in the countryside in a Chianti vineyard. In the afternoon we continue to San Gimignano know as “ the city of the towers” for some leisure time to explore this magnificent medieval hilltop town, eat one of the best gelato and take beautiful pictures of the Tuscan countryside!! Return to the hotel for dinner and overnight.
DAY 6 : MONTECATINI – ASSISI – ROME
- Following breakfast today we leave Tuscany and we go to the “Eternal city”. On the way we stop in Assisi to visit this beautiful medieval village known to be the birth place of san Francis and Saint Claire. Here you will have some free time to browse the city and have a nice lunch in one of the great restaurants in the Village. In the afternoon we continue to Rome for check in, dinner and overnight.
DAY 7 : ROME
- After breakfast today we will have a full day guided tour of some of the highlights of Rome such : Vatican museum with sistine chapel and S. peter’s basilica in the morning . little break for lunch then continue to see Trevi fountain, Pantheon and Navona square.
DAY 8 : ROME
- This morning we have the “Imperial tour” and we go visit the Colsseum and the imperial forum. Afternoon at leisure for last minute shopping, another gelato and repacking ☹. Farwell dinner in alocal restaurant tonight and overnight.
DAY 9 : DEPARTURE DAY